Sunday, January 31, 2010

SS - Hilltop House, Omaha, Nebraska





This postcard has one of the most attractive views of restaurant interiors that I have in my collection. The lighting and composition are good, and the inclusion of restaurant workers adds to its interest. The whole scene looks very inviting with its vintage knotty pine, "colonial" furnishings, and flowers on the tables.

Hilltop House is one of the restaurants mentioned as being out of business in the article "Omaha Dining - A 50 Year Retrospective," and a couple of comments on that article mention favorite recipes from the Hilltop House.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, this really reminds me of the basement my folks built in a house we lived in outside D. C. in the 50s. I can still remember my mother going around staining each not in the knotty pine. It was a beautiful basement and I've always wondered if it's still there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! I also like restaurant and house interior postcards.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...