Thursday, September 3, 2009

PFF - Minnesota State Fair - Monumental Postcard & Post Office



When I visited the Minnesota State Fair a few days ago I was on the lookout for anything resembling a postcard. This monumental "Greetings from Minnesota" postcard is a mosaic that was made for the Minnesota Sesquicentennial (150 years of statehood) last year. It is on the Cooper Street side of the Crossroads Building. Like a real large letter postcard, the letters contain images representing the state. The border is made up of tiles representing all the counties of Minnesota.

I went in the Minnesota State Fair Post Office to buy a USPS Teddy Bears stamps postcard. There was one of those little old blue mailboxes attached to the wall inside. It is very shiny and didn't really photograph well.




This is the Teddy Bears stamp postcard. The 37¢ stamps were issued in 2002 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of teddy bears. There are four different teddy bears on the stamps: Gund bear, c. 1948; Bruin bear, c. 1907; Ideal bear, c. 1905; and "stick" bear, 1920s.




8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the BIG postcard and the sweet Teddy Bear stamps! Thanks for sharing. My PFF is up too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mosaic is a fantastic piece of work, and the teddy bear stamps are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a large letter postcard! Those are among my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post today! I love all of them...the picture, the letter box and especially those teddy bear stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember those Teddy Bear stamps. I probably have some in a box somewhere. I've got tons that I pulled off envelopes at work. I can't stop myself. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow those teddy bear stamps are adorable!thanks for sharing and happy PFF
    marina :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...